WiX v3.0.4429.0 was released on Friday, 29-August-08. You can download it from http://wix.sourceforge.net/releases/3.0.4429.0/.
- Aaron added properties to WixVSExtension to detect Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1.
- Aaron also added a new custom action, WixExitEarlyWithSuccess, which makes it easy to exit without error in a major upgrade when a later version is already installed.
- I updated make.bat and wix.build to pass desired verbosity from the NAnt side of the build to the MSBuild side.
- Candy Chiang, of the team integrating WiX into Visual Studio, contributed many updates to the WiX.chm documentation.
- 1591591: scawebsvcext.cpp does not work in IIS 5
- 1741663: WebAppPool Fails on IIS < 6.0
- 1848752: NativeImage CA never runs
- 2010047: Cannot add wixlib to project
- 2041989: Candle exception when inculding an invalid wxi file
- 2077095: Firewall Extension fails
- Eric St. John fixed a bug in the CloseApplication custom action to correctly send close messages to all the top-level windows of the specified process, which should fix the problem noted on wix-users where CloseApplication didn’t work with VB6 apps.