WiX v3.0.4422.0 was released on Friday, 22-August-08. You can download it from http://wix.sourceforge.net/releases/3.0.4422.0/.
- Aaron added documentation on properties used in the MSBuild tasks and targets.
- Dan Manson added a strong-name skip-verification entry so builds on x64 OSes work without registry hacks.
- Eric St. John added the ElevatedCloseMessage attribute to the WixUtilExtension CloseApplication element (and corresponding custom action implementation), to send a close message to the target process’s windows while running deferred.
- 1708072: Access Violation with Large Cabinets
- 1827123: Can’t create sql database with name contains ‘-'
- 1881660: IIS Extension: Unable to install Certificate from MSM
- 1881856: IIS Extension: Unable uninstalling certificate under VISTA
- 1930640: PFXImportCertStore() fails to delete private key containers.
- 1984738: SchedXmlFile does not return ERROR_INSTALL_USEREXIT
- 2013549: Pyro is unnecessary slow
- 2023959: ConfigureEventManfiest returns ERROR_INSTALL_FAIL on cancel
- 2034934: Binder variable File IDs are not modularized
- 2041989: Candle exception when inculding an invalid wxi file
- Chris Araman cleaned up some warnings in native code.
- Mike Carlson fixed the preprocessor to handle variable names containing a dot in ifdef/ifndef checks.
- Mike also fixed the WixUtilExtension User custom action so that on uninstall, it removes the user from groups it was added to if the user isn’t deleted on uninstall.
[Updated with actual features -v- bug fixes.]