WiX v3.0.4415.0 – code-named Heat-Wave-in-Seattle?! – was released on Friday, 15-August-08. You can download it from http://wix.sourceforge.net/releases/3.0.4415.0/.
- Jason added to DTF support for MSI 4.5’s embedded UI, along with a sample that uses WPF for the UI.
- Eric St. John added support for standard command-line switches to the WiX v3 bootstrapper.
- 1273447: Can’t put RegLocator inside DrLocator
- 1613071: Unable to save VS project
- 1832500: Preprocessor: nested include uses wrong directory
- 2051748: SqlDatabase table definition error
- I worked around a bug in MSI 4.5’s support for embedded UI. The FileName column purports to be of the Filename type, which requires both short (8.3) and long file names. It turns out only one file name, long or short, is supported.
- Aaron fixed bugs in the ShellExec custom action topic and the how-tos that referred to it.
- Jungwook Bae, of the Visual Studio team integrating WiX, fixed some bugs in Votive to make it behave more like C# projects.