It’s been a while since the last “weekly” release. As Rob explained, Mike was working on changes to the build system to support 64-bit builds; we made the changes incrementally, so we could continue working on fixes and features.
WiX v3.0.4014.0 was released on Monday, 14-Apr-08. You can download it from http://wix.sourceforge.net/releases/3.0.4014.0/.
- WcaUtil, DUtil, and WixCA are now built for x86, x64, and IA64. We’d been able to support 64-bit portions of the file system using WOW64 API functions to suppress the normal redirection that happens for a 32-bit process. Unfortunately, that’s not available for registry operations, so Mike volunteered to bite the bullet and support native 64-bit custom action builds. Hooking the WixCA 64-bit builds into WixUtilExtension will come in a future build.
- Added WcaGetComponentToDo to WcaUtil to provide a single value to indicate whether a component is being installed, reinstalled, or removed. For many operations, it’s a convenient shorthand instead of calling MsiGetComponentState, WcaIsInstalling, WcaIsUninstalling, and WcaIsReInstalling.
- Internet shortcuts, as I described before.
- Added to the OSInfo custom action the ability to determine localized names for well-known SIDs: WIX_ACCOUNT_LOCALSYSTEM, WIX_ACCOUNT_LOCALSERVICE, WIX_ACCOUNT_NETWORKSERVICE, WIX_ACCOUNT_ADMINISTRATORS, WIX_ACCOUNT_USERS, and WIX_ACCOUNT_GUESTS.
- The command-line tools now support the –wx_n_ switch to promote specific warnings into errors.
- The MSBuild tasks now support SuppressAllWarnings, SuppressSpecificWarnings, TreatWarningsAsErrors, TreatSpecificWarningsAsErrors, VerboseOutput, and NoLogo properties on all tasks.
- The command-line tools store their strings in resources for localizability.
- Added Package/@InstallScope.