WiX v3.0.3801.0 was released on Friday, 1-Feb-08. You can download it from http://wix.sourceforge.net/releases/3.0.3801.0/.
- The documentation in WiX.chm is getting some significant work, mostly in the “prose” sections (as opposed to the schema reference). Plenty of work left to do, of course, but the improvements in organization open the way for more how-to documentation.
- Add default compression level for cabinets, as discussed previously.
- If validation can’t be run (such as when you’re a limited user running on Windows 2003 Server), a warning is issued instead of an error and failed build.
- Lots of interesting changes in the Votive UI. Wonder where all those changes are coming from…
- Hmm…what’s this?
- The MSBuild Light task again runs out of the MSBuild process, so that the normal side-by-side manifest lets mergemod.dll’s COM objects be loaded. This bug manifested if you ran builds on a machine that didn’t have mergemod.dll registered (such as by the Orca installer).