WiX v3.0.4707.0 was released on Friday, 7-November-08. You can download it from http://wix.sourceforge.net/releases/3.0.4707.0/.
- Not exactly a feature except for those working on it, but Jason did the thankless work of merging the SDK source code so that VS2005 and VS2008 Votive builds share the same code.
- I added attributes to WixGamingExtension’s Game element to support using separate files for the game executable (for shortcuts and game tasks, via the ExecutableFile attribute) and the GDF resource (the GdfResourceFile attribute). This enables use of WixGamingExtension for XNA games.
- Svet fixed a bug that occurred when cabbing more than 2GB of data.
- Peter fixed 1808280: Melt.exe – doubled GUID on File->Source.
- Heath fixed 1976057: dark fails on Wise MSI due to UnexpectedColumnCount.
- Rob fixed 1992202: Allow IIS SiteId to be set.
- Dan fixed 2025139: Environment variables are not expanded in @ResponseFile.
- I fixed 2189592: Error decompiling a merge module.
- Rob implemented build-time logging to fix 2190392: Changes to make.bat.
- Dan fixed 2121473: MsiPackageCertificate missed.
- I fixed 2202761: bad default working folder for WixShellExec.
- Heath fixed 2210952: MSP Template summary property should not contain duplicates.
- Eric fixed 2212445: MSBuild will not link an Invariant Language wxl msi.
- I fixed 2221238: SchedXmlConfig is too early in the InstallExecuteSequence.