WiX v3.0.3711.0 was released on Friday, 11-Jan-08.
- The WiX MSBuild tasks run repeated commands faster by recycling AppDomains rather than always creating new processes.
- MSBuild tasks are now available for Heat and its extensions.
- The ComponentGroup element can now be a child of Product.
- Binder variables can be used wherever localizable integers are allowed so you can now use !(bind…) in addition to !(loc…).
- Binder variables now include FileVersion and FileLanguage from versioninfo resources, if present. Syntax is:
- Multiple .wxl files of the same culture can now be added to a .wixlib. (Multiple .wxl files of different cultures have always been supported.)
- 1867685: An enhancement to the change I discussed in Simplifying the WiX v3 language.
- Localization support for Votive and its templates.